Steps to Success
Maddalena's CheeseCake & Apple Crumb Pies Make People Very Happy.
1. Have A Plan: Gather the team leaders and write down specific sales goals, calculate the number of cakes each person needs to sell to reach your goals. Variety is the spice of life, so mix up the product offerings. You'll be surprised at the results.
2. Contact: Maddalena's early use -
To reserve a date for your sale and delivery call (609) 466-7510 or contact us through our website contact form.
3. Designate Contact People: Designate a primary and alternate contact person from your organization to communicate with Maddalena's, collect the sales forms, and field all sales questions.
4. Receive Fundraiser Agreement: We send the designated contact people information that includes: the cost of the products, suggested selling prices, fundraising advertising rights, order due by, delivery date, location, and time.
6. Sales Kick-Off Meeting: Don't let them wonder if it's delicious, let them try it, once they've tasted it, the rest is a piece of cake. We will provide you samples to share with your team. Start selling five weeks before your delivery date & place your order 3 weeks before your delivery date. You'll have time on your side to collect money and stay organized.
7. Publicity: Before selling, pass out copies of the forms to your team. Get Mom and Dad to take a form to work. Someone on your team is bound to be active on social media, ask them to post. Customize one of our posters to promote your fundraiser.
8. Launch with a Tasting!: A sampling of Vanilla CheeseCake, a Pumpkin CheeseCake and an Apple Crumb Pie is suggested. We will teach your team to cut them into 100's of samples to entice your potential customers. Set up a table and start taking orders at a public event, like back to school night or on the soccer field. These cakes are free unless your final invoice from Maddalena's is less than $500. The demand for Maddalena's CheeseCakes and Apple Crumb Pies are the highest in the Fall. You'll want to use this to your advantage!
4. Email Your Order to: please, email only to ensure accuracy. You might order additional CheeseCake and Apple Crumb Pie to fill any last minute orders.
Do not phone in your order.
9. Tally Spread Sheet: Here's a summary spreadsheet. Your designated contact people can tally orders on it to stay organized. Use this template for add on orders. When you get additional orders, please add them to the template. Re-submit so we can see the original order and the add-on order and a new total. Add-on orders will be accepted up to 5 days after you submit your order.
10. Create a Database: Enter customer names, phone numbers, and emails from order forms. You'll be extra prepared for next year. With a well-kept database of people who have opted-in to receive communications, you are in a position to send newsletters and invitations for future events.
11. Payment: Our payment process is easy. Make a check payable Maddalena's Cheesecake & Catering Co. Checks must be received before delivery.
12. Delivery: We deliver the frozen products free unless your final invoice from Maddalena's is less than $500. Orders of $499 or less can be picked up at our storefront bakery location in Ringoes, NJ. Make sure you have your freezer or refrigerator space ready. Don't panic if you don't have refrigeration, these are a few creative examples of how other customers have kept products cold prior to pick up - coolers, insulated blankets with ice packs, mother nature helps in winter; the garage, an outdoor shed or an SUV "out of the sun" have all been successful solutions. Make sure your space is cool and dry with flat tables to stack the products.
13. Delivery Acceptance: Your order will be delivered in cases, counted and sorted by flavors. Our delivery person will carefully go over the invoice and product count with one person; your organizations' representative. When the order is confirmed accurate, we'll ask for a signature on the invoice, then your team can unload the truck.
14. Delivery Organization: Rally the team to the back of our truck to carry the product. The best delivery address won't include stairs. A smooth path that a cart can roll on is the best approach. Prepare a space and place flavor signs out to help the team keep organized.
15. Customer Delivery: As soon as you have confirmed your order is received in full, start sorting your products into customer orders. Schedule pick up times to keep it calm & eliminate confusion.
knock your customers' socks off! And, have fun!!