Fundraising with Maddalena's
"Piece of Cake"
For the past 40 years, we have been making our award-winning desserts at our home of deliciousness in Ringoes, New Jersey. This sweet journey began when Gene Maddalena, the patriarch of our family-owned business, created the original cheesecake recipe that we still use to this day. We make each cheesecake with the finest ingredients, which includes 100% Real Dairy and pure Bourbon vanilla extract from Madagascar.
Coordinating a Maddalena’s CheeseCake fundraiser is fun and easy since you are selling high-quality desserts that everyone will enjoy. School associations, sports teams, nonprofits, senior groups, and dance studios are some examples of organizations that do extremely well with our seasonal fundraisers.
We recommend coordinating Maddalena’s CheeseCake fundraiser around a special event or holiday. Some of our most successful fundraisers occur before Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and Mother’s Day.
We understand that some people may not be celebrating a holiday or having a party, therefore keeping our frozen desserts for a future event is perfect These products can last up to 6 months when properly stored. We highly suggest telling your customers to keep their treats frozen until ready for use. Simply defrost your whole CheeseCake on the counter for an hour or overnight in the refrigerator. However, if smaller portions are desired, CheeseCakes as well as our Apple Crumb Pies can be cut into quarters while semi-frozen, wrap each piece carefully, and return to the freezer. You'll only need about 20 minutes on the counter for a quarter cake, so it's simple you can purchase a whole CheeseCake or Apple Crumb Pie if you live alone and if treated properly, not even one bite will go to waste.
After many years of fundraising, we compiled a detailed list of steps (see below) to help run a successful fundraiser. This resource will provide you and your team(s) with some key tips that will streamline this process.
Are you interested in coordinating a Maddalena’s CheeseCake fundraiser? If so, please contact us below to get started right away!
Read Steps to Success below:
Steps to Success:
1. Contact us. Send us an email at email@example.com to request your Maddalena’s CheeseCake fundraiser packet.
2. Have a plan. Recruit team leaders and calculate the number of cheesecakes each person/team needs to sell in order to reach your goals.
3. Schedule your fundraiser. Once you are ready to get started, please call us to schedule and confirm your submission and delivery/pickup dates. Your fundraiser will commence once these details are confirmed and finalized.
4. Designate team leader(s). We request that you designate a primary and alternate contact person from your organization to communicate with Maddalena’s CheeseCake, collect the sales forms, and field all sales questions. We will send all fundraising details to these individuals, so they understand the cost of products, selling prices, due date, and delivery/pickup date/time.
5. Establish order deadline. It is important to establish an order deadline with your team. Due to the holiday season, our fall fundraiser has a three-week lead time from final order submission to scheduled delivery/pickup date. Our spring fundraiser has a two-week lead time.
6. CheeseCake fundraiser launch. Once you have reviewed all details with your team, you want to launch your fundraiser. Your Maddalena’s CheeseCake fundraiser specialist will review kick-off tips with you. Be sure to ask about samples!
7. Be social. Use your organization’s social media to further promote your fundraiser. Reach out to family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc. and ask them to like and share your social media posts. Please ask your Maddalena’s CheeseCake fundraiser specialist for cheesecake images that are available for online promotions.
8. Summary spreadsheet. Your designated team leader(s) can tally orders on the summary spreadsheet to stay organized. As you receive additional orders, please add them to this template. Remember to save your updates after each new entry to avoid losing data. Please note that add-on orders will be accepted up to 5 days after your final order submission.
9. Final submissions. All orders must be entered on our submit order form and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT ALTER FORMS in any way. These forms were made interactive for your convenience but must remain intact. It is essential that all communications are done through email. Any changes or requests are to be emailed and authorized by Maddalena’s CheeseCake. This helps to eliminate the risk of lost messages and key information. Do not phone in your order!
10. Order confirmation. After the submission of your final order, you will receive an invoice through email. It is the responsibility of the team leader(s) to thoroughly review every line of the invoice. This includes delivery/pickup time and date, as well as name and phone number of the person who will receive the delivery/pickup. Your submission form and invoice should match exactly. Please sign and date your invoice as confirmation that all information is correct and email it back to: email@example.com
11. Final payment. Our payment process is easy. You may either make your payment through an invoice link or mail a SINGLE check to Maddalena’s CheeseCake. Make all checks payable: Maddalena's Cheesecake & Catering Co.ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE DELIVERY.To those organizations that need payment approval, please plan accordingly.
12. Delivery/pickup. Payment must be received before any delivery/pickup. Team Leader(s) are required to be present at the time of delivery/pickup. If for any reason a team leader is unable to be present to receive the delivery/pickup, an alternate leader must be appointed and have access to all documentation and phone numbers. We offer free delivery unless your final invoice from Maddalena's CheeseCake is less than $500, or more than an hour away from our facility. Any deliveries that are a 60-90 minute ride from facility are required to sell over $600 to receive free delivery. Orders that are less than $500 can be picked up at our storefront location in Ringoes, NJ.
13. Storage. Make sure you have a freezer or refrigerator space to store products after delivery/pickup. Don't panic if you don't have refrigeration. Customers have kept products cold by using coolers as well as insulated blankets with ice packs.
14. Delivery acceptance. Orders will be delivered in cases, counted, and sorted by flavors. Our delivery person will carefully go over the invoice and product count with your team leader. When the order is confirmed accurate, we will ask for a signature on the invoice, then your team can disperse the product.
15. Create a database. Enter customer names, phone numbers, and emails from order forms onto a spreadsheet. A well-kept database will help you better prepare for your next fundraiser, plus you can stay in contact with supporters by sharing news and upcoming events.